Neutral VS Stability shoes

edited May 17 in General
Hi guys! I'm new here. I've been educating myself about many things that are related to running, and this is one of the most complicated issues I have read so far. So here's my case:

I've bought my latest running shoe 7 months ago (Nike Lunar Forever 2) without any idea of what kind of shoe it is. What I did was I tried to fit the shoes, and "instinctively" observed whether my feet were comfortable with them. They felt nice. They have this "cushion" that made me feel "secured". Ever since then I've been running with my LF2 in all my runs without any injury whatsoever. I really didnt know what kind of runner I was until I tried the "wet test" and found out that I have a Normal Foot Arch. I watched some videos about pronation and found out also that I am within the Neutral Pronation category.

Now that I've provided you with my background, here is where the problem arose:

I'm planning to buy another shoe (for the sake of extending the life line of my LF2, and at the same time switch into different shoes from time to time). I've been reading reviews and I'm divided between the ADIDAS ADIOS BOOST and the SAUCONY GUIDE 7. The former is meant for "speed" while the latter is for "stability". I'm already in the point of my running "career" where in I am consistently beating my PR's (speed). However, there's also a part of me that is afraid of trying a new type of shoe and tells me to stick to my game plan since it worked really well with me (stability). My upcoming run is a Half- Marathon with a recent PR of 2 hrs and 22 mins (I'm sorry about my PR, I just started running 7 months ago).

I know that what matters here is my overall preparation in my runs, but we cannot deny the fact that finding a "fit" shoe is one of the first ways of being successful in running. If you can enlighten me about the shoes I've mentioned, that would be truly helpful. If you have commentaries or suggestions, I would really appreciate them. Thank you for your kind responses!  

Comments

• Don't change what works.  End of story.

• I have to agree with Bryan, if it works, you don’t need to
    fix it. Enjoy running injury free. Personally I am not a huge fan of Nike
    Running shoes, they have just never really worked out for me, but clearly the
    do for a lot of people. From my experience the Lunar line has specialty support
    system that is unique to Nike running shoes. I think that you will be surprised
    at the difference between a Nike stability shoe and a Saucony stability shoe.

One of the things I really like to do when looking for a new
    pair… Head over to Runningwarehouse.com and search your current shoe. Read
    about what works, size, shape, mid/fore-foot volumes, learn about stack
    heights, etc. Once you find your shoe there is usually two-three
    recommendations of shoes that are close in characteristics. That way you can
    try something new, and hopefully not rock the boat.

• Always a balance between risking change and trying something you might like better. As a new runner I'd say stick to what works. I would also second @TexasBrewerTC in that Nike's tend to be different than other brands. The Guide is a pretty stiff shoe, I'm not a fan, but it might work well for you. And also be aware that one companies neutral shoe may be as stable as another company's stability shoe - there is no real standardization. So you might be just fine in the Adios as well. The non-Boost Adios for example is very firm and perfectly stable. The Boost version is softer under the heel but has a firm forefoot.