Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

DISCLOSURE
VigLink badge

Skechers GoRun3

edited October 2013 in Skechers

First picture of the new GoRun3.....

http://www.therunningswede.com...skechers-gorun3.html

Comments

• I have three iterations of the GR3 - mainly an upper update, but it looks great! Will share as soon as I'm given the green light.
  • I saw an ad for GRR3 with Meb Keflezighi in Runner's World. Any hint when GR3 or GRR3 might be released?
  • There is a go run 3 on the skechers site now
  • They should've called it the 2.5.

• It looks like a version I will skip. My original Go Run and Go run 2 are still far from worn down, but, more important, the sole of the Go run 2 is just not wide enough for my feet and a bit to squishy for my taste. I mainly use them for recovery runs. 
  • @Rudy - I tend to agree on the sole squish. Skechers actually made me a special one-shot version with a slightly firmer sole. Very nice! Problem is some people like the squish so from a business standpoint changing the feel is risky.
  • Ha, it looks like I should get connected to some people inside Skechers :) Although the Go Bionic are still my favorite Skechers model (almost 500K on my first pair) and they don't have the squish.
  • The GoBionic 2 is going to be nice, same sole, much better upper.
  • I put 1090km on original Go Run and that's about what they can handle. Now have Go Run 2 120km so far - they feel good to run but it seems to me that they are kind of short in size 11. Anyway - I'll stick with Skechers for now and probably upgrade to Go Run 3 when review is out :)
  • i have been wanting to get a pair of the go bionic trails but the site is out of my size. There is an all weather model now any info on this model? i have the fo run rides and love them but slippery on trails. Is there a new trail shoe coming out? I have a local store but they don't carry any trail shoes from the go line.
  • Can't wait to get my hands on the GR3.  I've got 2 pair of the GR2's - 400 miles on one pair, and still going strong.  Just wore them this morning on my run.
  • @bbqscotty - I should be getting a pair of the GB All Weather soon. stay tuned. The GoRun Ultra just came out, good review here by a guy who helped develop it: http://youngrenepics.blogspot.com/2013/11/skechers-gorun-ultra-from-drawing-board.html 
  • edited December 2013
    I've put about fifty miles on the GR3s and I love them! The Skechers store also had the GR2s but I preferred the feel of the GR3s more, mainly due to the lack of the bump in the middle of the shoe. The toe box is wide enough that I sized down a half size from my Saucony Kinvara3/full from Saucony Fastwitch 5&6 size. Thanks for helping design an awesome shoe! 

PS Do you have any recommendation on shoes that are similiar to the GR3s that might work well for me? I have a 50k trail race coming up in a month or so and am thinking of getting a second pair to train in (doesn't have to be trail specific). The Kinvara 3s did not work out too well for me (too firm, if I recall correctly), while the Fastwitch's worked pretty well but may have been a tad bit narrower than optimal.
  • Thanks! You could try the Skechers GoBionic Trail, or maybe the Nike Free 3.0 v5. The latter is a tad narrower than the GR3 but worked fine on my feet.