Any SKORA fans in the house?
  • Just curious.  I had considered the Phase as it's cheaper right now than Altra's The One.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)

• If shipping to France wasn't so damn expensive I'd order a pair of Skora Core right now.
  • I have the Skora Core. It's dangerously close to love.  The fit my feet perfectly and they provide great feedback. I went through a period of using them exclusively.  However, I am primarily a trail runner which presented to issues - 1) I was ruining an expensive and pretty pair of shoes 2) For technical trails my still strengthening feet were beginning to hurt as I pushed the miles up (no rock plate).

I would highly recommend them.  I have not tried any of the other Skora models.  I am thinking I might like to grab the Phase X.
  • Here's the big question: do you run in socks or not?  Just curious because I've heard conflicting reports about the Phase especially (though I'm surprised I haven't read the same about the Core) rubbing the mess out out of people's heels.
  • I am never without socks.  No interest in trying it.  Sorry I can't help you there.
  • It's OK.  Just one of those things I've never understood about the whole minimal thing: most folks still carry the weight of wet socks.
  • I you don't wear socks, your shoes start to stink in a matter of days. At least, mine do.
  • I don't worry about that.  My shoes stunk even when I wore socks.

• Definitely would be interested in SKORA shoes. Too bad I can't find them anywhere
  • Just bought my pair of Phases.  We'll see how it goes!
  • This is a bit of a late post to be helpful, but I have the Skora Form and the Skora Core (which is similar to the Phase).  Both shoes fit me extremely well, and are very comfy - however, I'll be honest, I don't run in them, just use them as a dressier casual shoe.  My feet aren't yet to the point I could run in them, so they will remain expensive (yet totally awesome) work/casual shoes.  I love me some Skora shoes. :)

Enjoy the Phases!  They look pretty sweet, and the colours are very enticing.

Rayzhel - if you live in the continental US they generally ship for free, so if you can't find them, I'd just order online.    
  • If I had the cash, I'd probably buy some Cores to wear around.  They look pretty neat!
  • Definite fan here. Have Forms, Phases, and Cores. Loving the Cores right now. Awesome shoe. 
  • I'm coming from GoBionic 1. Which Skora model would be closest to GoBionic 1 in feel and performance.
  • Ok, so what I can tell from the Bionic is that it is Zero Drop, 11.5 mm stack, around 6 oz, and pretty flexible. Lets go right down the line here, Phase (and Phase X) and Core will most match this shoe with zero drop, 11 mm stack, 7 and 8oz respectively, and even more flexibility than the Bionic. That is with the liner in. I think you will find a little less 'cushy' feeling from the difference in the sole material but you will see a good increase in durability I would imagine. I have not run in the Sketchers although I have heard a lot of good things. But those two will be as close as I would think you would get. If you want a bit more padding then the Base/Form would be your shoes that will kick it up to 13mm stack under foot and the Fit even higher. 
  • I'd disagree.  The Phase and Core are NOT soft.

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android