Reebok Realflex
  • Anyone know anything about these shoes?  My sister is thinking of this shoe for training and running her first half marathon. 

• I had a pair, used them for a few months.  I knew immediately that the toe box wasn't big enough for ideal minimalist running, but my toes actually ended up wearing through the mesh, even with socks on!  I wouldn't recommend the realflex, especially if she wanted to go minimalist.  I hear the Nike Frees are much better.
  • I think she could do better for the money.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • I don't get the feeling that Reebok is interested in making serious running shoes. Case in point http://gizmodo.com/5978605/would-you-wear-these-crazy-shoes
    Helping runners run | Main Site: www.runblogger.com | Personal Site: www.theblogologist.com
  • ^Haha great shoe!
  • Anyone know anything about these shoes?  My sister is thinking of this shoe for training and running her first half marathon. 

That shoe is scary!
  • I used a pair of the 2011 RealFlex Run shoes for a few months last year as part of my transition to less structured footwear. They're not all that bad for the price that I got them (they're almost always sold for 50% to 80% off in my area, so they're ridiculously cheap for "brand-name" shoes)... flexible and lightweight, and the gimmicky outsole actually resists wear quite well. I thought fit was fine, although I do have somewhat narrow feet. I wrote a quasi-review of the shoes that you can read here.

That being said, comparing them at full price to other shoes, your sister can find better alternatives with a similar weight and superior flexibility profile... they were an interim training solution and utility "kick-around" shoes for me, and not really something that I'd recommend for extended use as a primary training/competition shoe (I use the Merrell Trail Glove these days as my main training shoe). If she's had experience before using shoes with low heel-toe differential, she might be better off using something like the Skechers GoBionic or the women's version of the Merrell Bare Access (both of which are in roughly the same price range as the latest RealFlex models, lightweight, flexible, and offer enough cushioning for half-marathon distances).

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android