Skechers Go Run - Removing the non-removable insole?

edited January 2013 in Other Brands
A year ago I bought my Skechers Go Run shoes. In size 11. They suited me fine, but since I also run regularly in Vibrams, Go Bionics, Inov-8 Bare-x 180's and other shoes, my toes prefer more room than the Go Runs are giving me. Last 14 mile run that I ran in them I was afraid I would loose a toenail during the run. I hope that removing the insole will help to improve this. Since I never run sockless, blisters probably won't be an issue. But has somebody already tried to do this? I don't want to trash my shoes by cutting the wrong seams.

Comments

• I have not, since it's sewn in I'd be afraid of causing major damage.
  • It was quite a challenge, but I managed to cut out one of the two insoles. It costed almost two hours, though. The shoe is really solid glued together, no other parts were harmed (I had to use quite some force for the part near the toes).  Now I need to try if it has given me just that little extra space that I need on the run.

A picture of the result:
    Skechers Go Run | Skechers Go Run 2 | Skechers Go Bionic | Skechers Go Bionic Prana | Mizuno Ferus | Mizuno Levitas | Mizuno Universe 4 | Inov-8 Bare-x 180 | Vibram Fivefingers Speed | Xero Sensori Venture
  • Impressive work!
  • Today I did a 6 mile run (7:42/mi) with one shoe with and one shoe without the insole. The results are great. It was the left shoe that gave me most of the problems and they've dissapeared. With removing the insole it also feels like the bump under the midfoot has been reduced a little, which is an extra plus.

Now I need to find the time and patience to remove the other insole...
    Skechers Go Run | Skechers Go Run 2 | Skechers Go Bionic | Skechers Go Bionic Prana | Mizuno Ferus | Mizuno Levitas | Mizuno Universe 4 | Inov-8 Bare-x 180 | Vibram Fivefingers Speed | Xero Sensori Venture
  • Cobbling career in your future?

• Definitely :-) The second shoe 'only' costed me 30 minutes. Combined with the 'Altra' shoe lacing system (http://www.altrazerodrop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaticContentView?langId=-1&storeId=15151&catalogId=18952&pageTitle=Alternate+Lacing&pageName=AlternateLacing)  it has given my toes enough space for the next 200 miles in these shoes!