This Saturday Dr. Brett Coapland and I will be conducting a half-day workshop on running shoes, running form, and running injuries. We still have a few spots left for those who might be interested in attending - information can be found below, or on the Running For Life workshop registration page.
Running For Life: Strategies to Help You Stay Healthy, Avoid Injuries, and Run Strong
Workshop by Dr. Peter Larson and Dr. Brett Coapland
August 4th ▪ 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
New Hampshire Technical Institute, Concord, NH
Grappone Hall Room 106
$40 per participant (free for current NHTI students)
For workshop registration information, click here.
Topics to be covered include:
By Pete Larson
- Why We Should Run
- Running Injuries: Why They Happen
- Choosing a Running Shoe
- Running Form: Foot Strike and Stride
By Brett Coapland
- Muscle Imbalances: How They Contribute to Injury and Performance
- Strength Training to Improve Running Economy
- Common Running Injuries: What to Do When They Occur
- Recovery Strategies for Optimal Running Performance
- Gait Analysis workshop for 2-3 volunteers via treadmill
- Optional high speed filming of running stride after workshop is over
This event is co-hosted by the NHTI Cross Country Team
|SALE: 25% or more off on select running shoes at Amazon.com|
|Save 10% on GPS watches, fitness electronics, and more at Clever Training! Use CODE: RUNBLOGXJT at checkout.|
Shares are like energy gels for bloggers - they power our writing!
We greatly appreciate your support!
You might also like these posts: