Why runners get hurt is a question that occupies my mind almost constantly. It’s amazing that so simple an activity can cause so many problems for so many people – for example, the scientific literature reports injury rates ranging from about 20-75% of runners in studies that have been conducted to date. In my quest to better educate myself on the topic of running injury, I decided to accept my friend Dr. Mark Cucuzzella’s offer to head down to Sheperdstown, West Virginia this weekend to attend a 3 day conference/course on prevention and treatment strategies for running injuries. Put on by the RunningClinic.ca, the course should be a great learning experience for me, and my intention is to blog about the experience while there and/or after returning home. Stay tuned!
As part of the weekend event, Mark also invited me to participate in a public forum called “The Re-Evolution of Running: Discover Pain Free Movement for Life.” This event will be held at the Bavarian Inn in Sheperdstown, WV on Friday, January 28th from 7:00-9:00 PM.
Guest panelists include leading clinicians, researchers, teachers, writers, athletes, and footwear experts from around the globe (note, though I appreciate Mark’s sentiment below, I suspect that this little blog is not the world’s most widely read site on running innovation ):
Others who will be participating include:
· Founder: Chi Running and Chi Walking
· Ashevlle, NC; Internationally-acclaimed injury-prevention coach, ultramarathoner and best-selling autho
Dr. Craig Richards
· Newcastle, Australia; General Practice, Sports Medicine, Runner
· One of world's lead researchers on running injuries and footwear
Jay Dicharry PT
· Director SPEED Clinic University of Virginia
· International Authority on Gait Analysis and Running Injury
Dr. Peter Larson
· Professor of Biology St. Anshelm College New Hampshire, Marathon runner
· Author/host of world's most widely read site on running innovation- www.runbogger.com
Blaise Dubois PT/Sean Cannon PT
· Quebec City, Canada; International Leaders in running injuries
· Authors and Instructors of over 40 international conferences
· Boulder, Colorado; Co-Founder and CEO Newton Running
· Innovator in first shoe company with primary mission of injury prevention. Ironman competitor
Ian Adamson, MS Sports Med/BS Biomechanical Engineering
· Boulder, Colorado; Director of Research & Education-Newton
· Ultramarathoner and 7 time world champ Adventure Racer
Dr. Daniel Kulund , USAF
· Chief Health Promotions Pentagon
· Physician, Innovator of Running Medicine. Opened first true “Runners Clinic” in the 1970’s.
Dr. Mark Cucuzzella,
· West Virginia University, Coach USAF Running Team, National Level Masters Runner
· National speaker/teacher of healthier running; sub 2:35 marathons in 4 decades
· Boulder Colorado; Editor Running Times
· Arlington, Virginia; Editor Competitor Magazine
For those wishing to dine at the premier Bavarian Inn call 304-876-2551
For more information contact Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking www.trtreads.org – phone: 304-876-1100
|SALE: 25% or more off on select running shoes at Amazon.com|
|Save 10% on GPS watches, fitness electronics, and more at Clever Training! Use CODE: RUNBLOGXJT at checkout.|
Shares are like energy gels for bloggers - they power our writing!
We greatly appreciate your support!
You might also like these posts: