I received a surprise package from the UPS man today – a tester pair of the New Balance Minimus road shoe!
I’ve been in touch off and on with a New Balance rep about trying the Minimus out when it was ready, but had indicated only a day or two ago that the New Balance Mimimus trail shoe might be more suitable heading into winter. There was no indication from them that the shoes would be ready to send out anytime soon, so I was quite surprised and excited when these arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.
I haven’t had a chance to run in them yet, but here are a few quick impressions from wearing them around the house for a bit.
1. Weight in size 10 = 8.5 oz
2. Sole is surprisingly firm. In earlier pictures the midsole kind of looked like the squishy one on the Nike Lunaracer, but these are much firmer. Firmness feels similar to the Saucony Grid Type A4.
3. Outsole has an almost sticky-rubber like feel to it.
4. Forefoot is very roomy. This may be the transitional shoe that wide-footed people have been waiting for. I’ve heard rumors that it may come out in additional widths next Fall.
5. The undercut heel is pretty interesting – can’t wait to see how it feels on the road.
6. No insole, just a thin layer of fabric. Appears to have a very thin wedge of cushion under the heel.
7. Very comfortable, could easily see myself running sockless in them.
8. They feel pretty flat under foot, but heel-toe drop measures around 4-5mm.
That’s about all I can say for now – hope to get in a run or two in them this weekend and I’ll report back more when I can. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions in the comments.
|SALE: 25% or more off on select running shoes at Amazon.com|
|Save 10% on GPS watches, fitness electronics, and more at Clever Training! Use CODE: RUNBLOGXJT at checkout.|
Shares are like energy gels for bloggers - they power our writing!
We greatly appreciate your support!
You might also like these posts: